Sunday, August 5, 2007

Paper

I haven't played much RE4 since the last entry. Basically, I finished off that chapter, which was accomplished as soon as I backtracked my way back to Ashley's cell. On the way, I found a bit of ammo but evened it out by wasting a bunch of ammo on some ganados.

Here's what I was up to today, video game wise: Being a hopeless slave to my addiction to the Virtual Console. I downloaded a ton of new games today, including an old favorite: Paper Mario. My Nintendo 64 was my constant companion during my college years and this was one of the very last games I played for it back then (third last, in fact, right behind used copies of Pokemon Puzzle League and the surprisingly fun side-scroller Donald Duck: Goin' Quackers). Since then, I've played the two Paper Mario sequels (including the absolutely brilliant Super Paper Mario for the Wii). So it's nice to revisit the game that started the franchise, and it's a nice way to offset the grim nature of Resident Evil 4. I played Paper Mario for about an hour today, and stopped just after I added Kooper to my party.

Oh, another game I got on the VC today was Devil's Crush, the sequel to Alien Crush. This shit is even better than the alien one. Why do I love pinball video games so much?

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Dude....I love you like a brother but wow.....just....wow.