Wednesday, August 15, 2007

Goodbye, Mushroom Kingdom

I finished Paper Mario.

I can't believe that this game, which is two generations old, and which I'd already beaten years ago, captivated me so much that it led me to totally blow off Resident Evil 4 for so long! Paper Mario is a wonderful, brilliant, addictive game, and well worth the $10 I spent on it. If you never played this game, and you have a Wii, download it IMMEDIATELY.

It's always a sign of an excellent game when you feel sort of melancholy upon finishing it, sad to bid the game world farewell. This is especially the case with RPGs, where you spend so much time in certain locations and get to know them so well. I remember that beating Earthbound (aka, the greatest game ever made) for the first time, years ago, actually left me depressed for a couple of days. I'm gonna miss Toad Town, just like I miss Onett.

So, now it's time to get back in to Resident Evil 4, which I will hopefully do in the next couple days. I am so close to finishing the game, but it's probably still gonna be a while until I do so. This game is so intense, that I've found I can't play it for too long at a time, so progress has been slow. I was hoping to finish this game before the release of Metroid Prime 3, but it looks like that's not gonna happen (especially if you take into account all the bonus content on this version of RE4). Perhaps I'll hold off on getting Metroid and just let Super Mario Galaxy be my next game, and save Metroid for the next time there's a long stretch between game releases. Anyway, the next post here will hopefully be about Resident Evil 4 again. Stay tuned.

No comments: