Friday, October 10, 2008

I Like Video Games

Okay, since we last spoke, I purchased and finished Lego Batman. It's probably unnecessary for me to tell you that it fucking rules. You know how I feel about these Lego games, and this one is obviously the best one because it's the one that has Batman in it. Getting to play as all the different villains in Batman's rogue's gallery is a real treat, especially when you can doll the Joker up in the outfit he wore when he shot Barbera Gordon in The Killing Joke (which is the best comic book story of all time). I really want to unlock Ra's al Ghul and Hush, but a glance at www.gamefaqs.com tells me that it's not really worth the effort. Anyway, if you enjoyed any of the previous Lego games, and aren't sick of the formula yet (I'm not!), then you'll love the shit out of this.

So, having beaten Lego Batman, I decided to go back to one of the games I'd previously left unfinished. My choices were Okami and Bully. In my last entry, I told you about my problems with Okami, so I decided to give Bully another shot.

At the time when I left Bully behind, it was sort of leaving me cold. The game seemed to be this endless routine of: Wake up, go to class, do some boring mission, go to class, dick around a little, save, go to sleep, repeat. The teeny-tiny game world, strict time system, and bullshit daily tasks made the game seem almost Harvest Moon-ish, except less adorable and heartwarming. So it was with reluctance that I went back to it. But oh man, was I wrong!

The first thing I did when I put the game back in was finish the mission I'd failed at the last time I played, and as soon as I did, the game's next chapter happened to start - and lo and behold, I unlocked the town! I was free to leave the school grounds! This changed EVERYTHING. The town is incredibly fun, with so much to do that it's almost overwhelming (in that GTA kind of way). I know have a full-on Bully addiction, and have found myself up at 2am on more than one occassion, saying to myself, "just one more mission before I go to sleep".

So what's going on in the game, you might ask? Well, first of all, check this out: I am a god damned punk rocker! I have a spiked green mohawk, an awesome hoodie covered with patches and 1" buttons, and plaid pants. I am so fucking cool and bad-ass. I like just looking at my character. I have earned the respect of both the nerds and the preppies, and now I am working on the greasers. I kinda also have TWO girlfriends (which is two more than I currently have in real life). One is a gross fat girl, but the other one is a hot preppie bitch who loves my bad-boy attitude. I have a feeling that pretty soon I'll also be making out with the slutty greaser chick. I am quite the player.

In other news, I bought this DS game called CrossworDS and it sucks. I had bought my ex-girlfriend a copy of the New York Times Crosswords game last year, and so I'd played a lot of that, and loved it - so I figured a first-party Nintendo crossword puzzle game would be even better. Nope. The puzzles are stupid, childish bullshit, and the input system sucks. Avoid this game, and get the New York Times one.

Last but not least, I'm going to purchase Sam & Max today, which I'm really excited about. Until next time, keep playing with power.

No comments: