Saturday, December 15, 2007

I Beat The Mother Brain

I beat Metroid Prime 3!

After receiving the code from the spaceship, I flew to the planet Phaaze, where I was CONSTANTLY in hypercharge Phaazon mode. This turned out to be less annoying than I thought it'd be, and aside from a retarded amount of Metroids, the planet wasn't very hard. The final boss(es) weren't really all that difficult either.

First up was Dark Samus. Now, I know from the box art of Metroid Prime 2 that Dark Samus is a big-time playa in this story, but I'll be damned if there was one mention of her in THIS game up until I had to fight her and her stupid clones. It's weird playing the third game in a series first. I had no idea, at any point in the process, what the fuck the story was, or what I was doing in the grand scheme of things. But, since it's a Metroid game, who really gives a shit? Maybe I'll read a wikipedia synopsis or something.

Anyway, Dark Samus was fairly easy. Just blast blast blast, and her clones provided me with energy fairly regularly. After that I had to fight a big thingie that looked like Mother Brain. Also not very difficult, but very fun! Finally, the brain detached from its tethers and I had to fight it as it bounced around. This was a bit harder, since by this point I had very little energy yet. It took three tries, but I finally beat the bitch. The bosses in this game, in general, were fairly easy but very fun. I think the hardest boss in the game was the very first one, the iceman who flew around.

So there you have it. The game's beaten. What's next? Well, I still have Zack & Wiki to work through, and a lot of little extra things I have to do in Super Paper Mario. I'd also like to at least TRY to get all the stars in Super Mario Galaxy. I also have to play Super Monkey Ball, which put me off a bit with its controls, but deserves another try. Whew, that's quite a bit to do, without even considering the fact that I am planning on getting Resident Evil: Umbrella Chronicles and LEGO Star Wars soon.

Viva la Wii!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

KNIGHTS journey of dreams comes out this month too.

Chadd Derkins said...

I'm not really all that interested in Nights, having never played the original. I mean, I'm somewhat intrigued, but there's too much other awesome shit coming out in the near future. You played the original Nights? Is it as awesome as everyone seems to think it is?