Wednesday, October 10, 2007

Metravoid

So I've pretty much been actively avoiding Metroid Prime 3. Last time I played, I defeated the boss I was bitching about in my last post (which was really awesome by the way, even though my arm really hurt afterwards), and then immediately saved and quit, and I haven't been back since. I'm not sure why, because I was really, really enjoying the game. I think I just needed a break from epic video games for a little while. I'm hoping to get back into it soon.

Yesterday I took the opportunity to unlock the last character in Mario Party 8, the Hammer Bro. This took an annoyingly long ammount of time (I listened to four CDs while doing so), and was fairly boring. But, now he's fucking unlocked. Hooray!

Another thing I did yesterday was blow the dust off my copy of Super Smash Bros. Melee and play it for the first time in a couple years. I've been obsessively following the progress of Super Smash Bros. Brawl - when I wake up in the morning, the very first thing I do is check the Smash Dojo to see what the daily update is (today it was motherfucking SONIC THE HEDGEHOG!!). So I figured maybe it was time I actually, yknow, PLAYED some Smash. And oh boy am I rusty. Not only at the game itself, but also at the Gamecube controller. Shit is mad old-school, yo. But it was fun to play it again, and it reminded me why I love the Smash games - not just for the Nintendo fanboy who loves seeing all the references, but also because it's such a fun game! Can't wait for Brawl!

I'm also still playing Picross on the DS. It still owns me. I'm on the Free Mode now, which is hard as a bitch. Plus I still have to do most of the classic puzzles I downloaded. I want to get The Legend of Zelda - Phantom Hourglass but I can't really afford it right now.

Anyway, hopefully my next post will be about Metroid again. See you then!

No comments: